ZANELE Dlamini was shocked when her dead gogo visited her in a dream. Her gogo, who died in 2015, told her to put her 2-year-old daughter in bed with the gogo and told Zanele to lie on a mattress on the floor.
Zanele didn’t understand what the dream meant but two days later, her daughter Dieketseng died after being crushed by a neighbour’s steel gate.
The mum from Vosloorus, Ekurhuleni, told Daily Sun the tragedy on Friday left her devastated. “I just have to accept that she’s in a better place with her great-grandmother,” the grieving mum said.
Zanele’s mum Nomathamsanqa said she was at home when the neighbour sent people to fetch her.
“I quickly rushed to the house and found Dieketseng lying on the ground with blood oozing from her nostrils. She had head injuries,” she said. “They had already called an ambulance but it took a long time to arrive. By the time we arrived at the hospital, she was already dead.”
Nomathamsanqa said Dieketseng often went to the neighbour’s house to play with the children there. “We don’t want to blame anyone. It was an accident.”
Neighbour Zandile Zungu said the sliding gate used to give her problems but it was recently fixed. “We are devastated by what happened,” she said.